The MSD 2-Speed spindle gearbox is designed to extend the constant power range of spindle drive motors and provide
- High torque at low speed for hogging out steel or titanium
- High speed for finish machining aluminum.
The below graphs illustrate the concept;
The MSD is excellent for conventional design solutions where the motor and gearbox are mounted outside of the headstock and the spindle is driven by belts silent chain or gearing.
The MSD Range consists of:
- 3 different sizes
- Two ratios 1:1 and 3.8:1 or 4.9:1
- Power up to 225 HP @ 1500 RPM
- Output torque up to 3241 Lb.Ft. (4400 NM)
- Input speeds up to 7000 RPM
- Speed change actuation by 24V DC motor, pneumatic or hydraulic actuator
- Ratio Controlled by integrated proximity switches
- Efficiency of 97%
- Quiet operation
- Compact planetary design
- Finned aluminum housing for maximum heat dissipation
- Input flanges accommodate most standard spindle drive motors
- Large output bearing capacity to accept radial loads from belt drives
Product PDF files:
Need help? Contact Us.